Why do I make resolutions? Probably because I like perfection...not sure that I am really a perfectionist though because sometimes I am happy with something even though it is not perfect...like my family. However, I have been thinking earnestly about the resolutions I wish to make this new year and the reasons I want to make these changes.
1. Exercise more! I need to be healthier, and I want to feel better. When I exercise, I have more energy. I also know that when I am more active, I am setting a good example for my children. So, this year, I resolve to exercise at least 4 times a week.
2. Save money for my family! I want us to have more money for vacations and activities that allow us to spend time together and have a great time. While searching online for money saving tips, I came across a website that suggested a "no-spend" month. I am going to suggest a "no-spend" week for my family. From Friday to Friday, one week each month, we resolve to not spend any extra money on eating out, clothes, or anything that is extra. (This includes my diet cokes during planning.)
3. Take more pictures! I want to capture more family moments on film regardless if our hair and make-up are camera ready.
4. Family time! I resolve that we will participate in at least one planned family activity each month where we learn something together. Georgia is rich with historical resources, and I want my children to know about their state's and country's history.
5. Date night! At least once a month (or more often), Jamie and I will stick to our date night. Plus, we will carve out time for each other every day. Whether we ride the golf cart around the yard and talk or stand in the kitchen and share about our day, we resolve to spend as much time with each other as possible.
I think five resolutions are enough to start the year off on the right foot. I will blog back with an update to let you know how resolved I am in making these resolutions part of my everyday reality.