Friday, July 8, 2011

A Very Good Day...

Today has been a good day!  I met the gang, and we had  fun socializing while we walked.  During our walk, I even saw Mrs. Barbara, my mama's best friend.  She was like my 2nd mama when I was little, and she always let me help...with her make-up, hair, cooking...whatever seemed like a good idea to me at the time.  I guess she knew that I would go home, so she was very patient with my messes.  I still love her dearly, and seeing her just made my day feel like it had the right kind of start.

Next, Brooke, her friend Savannah, Zach, and I picked up our new addition.  She doesn't have a name yet, but she has adjusted well.  (We'll see how tonight goes...) As the picture illustrates, she dresses well, and is not afraid to attack a stuffed bunny...though the bunny did not put up much of a fight.  The children and I also took the puppy to the vet to have a health check.  She seems to be healthy, so hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here.

Once back at home, Nana and Papa rode over to see what the fuss was all about...they soon understood.  I think I have caught Jamie smiling at her more than once.  Brooke is convinced that once we go back to school the puppy will be laid up in Jamie's lap everyday at lunch.  I am beginning to believe that she might be right!

Our day has not just been about a puppy though...Savannah, Zach, Nana, and I shelled peas.  I was able to put up four quarts as a result of our efforts.  I also made some blueberry jam from the blueberries that Jamie, Zach, and I picked yesterday across the road at Mr. Hardy and Mrs. Alma, our neighbors.  After sampling the jam tonight, I think I may make some more tomorrow.  I have definitely been busy today, but it has been a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment